1.24.2023

How Should You Discipline Your Children? - CONSISTENT DISCIPLINE

"I am Jehovah; I do not change," says Malachi 3:6.  Servants of God rely on this truth and feel secure in this knowledge.  Children also need the security of consistent discipline. If your standards change depending on your mood, your child may become confused and frustrated.


Recall that Jesus said: "Let your word "Yes," mean  yes, your 'No,' no."  Those words well apply to parenting.  (Matthew 5:37)   Think carefully before giving ultimatums you have no intention of carrying out.  If you warn your child that a certain form of discipline will result  if he misbehaves, be sure to follow through. 


Good parental communication is essential to consistent discipline. Robert explains:  "If our children manage to get me to agree to something that my wife told them they could not do, when I become aware of it, I reverse my decision to back up my wife."  If parents disagree about how to handle a situation, it is best that they discuss those differences privately and reach a united decision.


Next time: How Should You Discipline Your Children? - DISCIPLINE IS ESSENTIAL


From the jw.org  publications








 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.