4.13.2011

MAKE YOUR LIFE SUCCESSFUL!

The Benefits of Bible Reading

The psalmist also observed that the successful man take delight in reading God's Law "in an undertone day and night." (Psalm 1:1, 2)  Granted, the Bible is not light reading, and in it are "some things hard  to understand."  (2 Peter 3:16) But Bible reading need not be drudgery.  It is possible to "form a longing for the unadulterated milk"  of God's Word.  (1 Peter 2:2)  Try reading just a little each day.  If there are  points that you do not understand, do some research.  Afterward, think about what  you have read.  (Psalm 77:11, 12) If you have trouble concentrating, try reading out loud "in an undertone."  In time, your love of Bible reading is sure to grow.  One young sister in Brazil recalls:  "Jehovah always seemed distant to me.  But for some months now, I have been improving  my  personal study and Bible reading.  Now I feel that my relationship with Jehovah is stronger.  He is more real to me."

Attending congregation meetings is also vital to your spiritual growth.  If you "pay attention to how you listen,"  you can receive much encouragement.  (Luke 8:18) Do you sometimes feel that the meetings are not very interesting?  Well, ask yourself, 'What do I do to make the meetings interesting?  Do I pay attention?  Do I prepare?  Do I offer comments?' After all, the Bible tells us to "consider one another to incite to love and fine works, . . .encouraging one another."  (Hebrews 10:24, 25) To do this you must participate!  Of course, to participate you must study in advance.  A young sister admits:  "It really is easier to participate in the meetings when  you prepare."

Next time: Following God's Way Leads to Success

Watchtower, 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.