9.26.2015

Are You Disappointed in God?


"WHY ME? Why did God permit this to happen to me?" Those are questions that disturbed 4-year-old Sidnei from Brazil. After an accident on a waterslide, he became permanently confined to a wheelchair. 

Suffering that results from accident, illness, death of a loved one, natural disaster, or war can easily make people feel disappointed in God. This is nothing new. The patriarch Job of ancient times was struck with  one calamity after another. Mistakenly, he blamed God, saying:  "I cry to you for help, but you do not answer me; I stand up, but you just look at me. You have cruelly turned against me; with the full  might of your hand, you assault me. -Job 30:20, 21. 

Job did not know the source of his troubles nor why they came upon  him or were permitted. Happily, the Bible enlightens us on the reason why such events occur as well as how we should react to them. 

Next time: Are You Disappointed in God?-DID GOD INTEND FOR PEOPLE TO SUFFER? 

From the Watchtower magazine, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.