9.23.2015

LIFE STORY/Finding Something Better Than Glamour- As Told By Mina Hung Godenzi



One night in 1984, I changed from being just an ordinary teenager to being a celebrity.  I was crowned Miss Hong Kong. My picture was on the front page of magazines and newspapers.  I sang, danced, gave speeches, hosted TV shows, wore beautiful clothes, and appeared with important people, such as the governor of Hong Kong.

The next year, I started acting in movies, several times starring in the leading role. Reporters wanted my story, photographers wanted my picture, and people wanted my presence for premiers, ribbon cuttings, lunches and dinners. I was always the center of attention. 

Gradually, though, I discovered that all of this was not as attractive as I had imagined.I worked mainly on action movies, and that was dangerous. Actors in Hong Kong did not use doubles as often as actors in Hollywood did, so I performed my own stunts, such as riding a motorcycle over a car.  Many films I starred in were immoral and violent. Some featured demonism. 

In 1995, I married a movie producer. Although I seemed to have everything to make me happy-glamour, wealth, a loving husband-I was depressed and sad.  I decided to stop acting. 

Next time: LIFE STORY/ Finding Something Better Than Glamour- AS TOLD BY MINA HUNG GODENZI -REMEMBERING MY CHILDHOOD FAITH

From the Watchtower magazine, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.