9.23.2015

TRUE STORY/Finding Something Better Than Glamour-AS TOLD BY MINA HUNG GODENZI


REMEMBERING MY CHILDHOOD FAITH

I began to remember with fondness the faith that I had when I was a little girl. Back then, each Saturday my sister and I went to visit a family of Jehovah's Witnesses.  The father Joe McGrath, studied the Bible with us together with his three daughters.  Theirs was a warm and loving family, and "Uncle Joe" treated his wife and children with respect.  I also enjoyed going with them to their Christian meetings. Sometimes we went to big assemblies. Those were happy times.  I felt safe with the Witnesses.

In contrast, terrible things happened to me in my own home.  My father's way of life caused my mother a lot of grief, and she became deeply depressed. When I was about ten, Mother stopped associating with Jehovah's Witnesses. I continued halfheartedly and was baptized at age 17. But soon afterward, I became involved in unchristian conduct. 

I DECIDED TO RETURN

Shortly after my wedding, two overseers from the local congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses came to visit me.  They explained how I could return to Jehovah God, and they arranged  for a missionary named Cindy to help me. By this time, I had lost much of my faith, so I asked her to prove to me that the Bible really is God's Word. She showed me examples of the Bible prophesies that have been fulfilled. Gradually, we became close friends, and she invited me to study the basic teachings of the Bible with her. I accepted.  For the first time, I came to appreciate that Jehovah is a God of love, who wants me to be happy. 

When I started going to Christian meetings again, I found that I enjoyed the company of the Witnesses much more than the company of the people in  the movie business. But my childhood experiences left me feeling  that I could not trust anyone, and I did not like myself.  A member  of the congregation helped me when she showed me from the Bible how to deal with those emotional problems. And I also learned to make genuine friends. 

Next time: TRUE STORY/ Finding Something Better Than Glamour-AS TOLD BY MINA HUNG GODENZI -SOMETHING BETTER THAN GLAMOUR

From the Watchtower magazine, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.