9.27.2015

Are You DIsappointed in God?


OVERCOMING DISAPPOINTMENT

Some 17 years after his accident, Sidnei, mentioned at the outset of this article, said:  "I never blamed Jehovah God for the accident, but I have to admit that at first I was disappointed in him. There are days when I really feel down, and I cry when I think about my physical disability. However, from the Bible I have come to understand that the accident was not a punishment from God. As the Bible says, 'time and unexpected events  overtake us all.'  Praying to Jehovah as well as reading specific scriptures has made me stronger spiritually and kept my spirits up." -Ecclesiastes 9:11; Psalm 145:18; 2 Corinthians 4:8, 9, 16. 

Keeping in mind the reasons why God has permitted suffering and how its effects will soon be undone helps us to overcome any feeling of disappointment in God that we may have.  We are assured that God is "the rewarder of those earnestly seeking him."  No one who rests his faith on him and his Son will be disappointed. -Hebrews 11:6; Romans 10:11. 

Next time: BULLYING What Can Your Do About It? - BULLYING A Global Problem 

From the Watchtower magazine, 2015 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.