9.23.2019

Did Jesus Die for Me? - WHAT HELPED PAUL


Paul's ministry influenced the way he viewed Jesus' sacrifice. How so?  "I am grateful  to Christ Jesus our Lord, who imparted power to me, because he considered me faithful by assigning me to a ministry, although formerly I was a blasphemer and a persecut0r and a blasphemer and an insolent man." (1 Timothy 1:12-14)  Paul's assignment reassured him of Jesus' mercy, love, and trust in him personally.  Jesus likewise entrusted us with a personal ministry.  (Matthew 28:19, 20)  Can it affect us similarly?

Albert, who recently returned to Jehovah after being disfellowshipped for almost 34 years, explains: "My sins are always before me. But when I am in the ministry, I feel like the apostle Paul, I have personally been given a ministry from Jesus.  It builds me up and keeps me feeling positive about myself, my life, and my future." - PSALM 51:3.

Allan, who lived a life of crime and violence before he learned the truth, admits:  "I still think of all the harm I caused to people. At times, it makes me depressed. But I thank Jehovah that he allows a sinner like me to bring the good news to others.  When I see people's reaction to the good news, it reminds me of how good and loving Jehovah is.  I feel that he uses me to assist others who are struggling with a similar background."

Our personal ministry allows us to focus our energies on positive actions and thoughts. It reassures us of Jesus' mercy, love, and trust in us.

Next time: Did Jesus Die for Me? - JEHOVAH IS GREATER THAN OUR HEARTS

From the jw.org publications

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.