12.18.2022

KUFE STORY-I Have Seen Faithful Ones Thrive/ AS TOLD BY ROBERT LANDIS

 YOU can probably  remember conversations you had that were especially important to you.  For me, there was one that took place about 50 years ago while a friend and I were sitting beside a campfire in Kenya.  Tanned and toughened from months of travel, were discussing a movie that touched on a religious theme when my friend said, "It represented the Bible."


I laughed-my friend did not strike me as a religious person.  "What do you know about the Bible?"  I asked.  He was not quick to answer. Finally he told me that his mother was one of a Jehovah's Witnesses; he had learned some things from her. Curious, I pressed him to tell me more.


Our conversation lasted far into the night.  My friend told me that the Bible identifies Satan as the ruler of the world.  (John 14:30) Perhaps you have known that all your life, but for me, the idea was both new and intriguing.  I had always heard that benevolent God was in charge of the world. But that didn't tally with what I had seen in life. Although I was only 26 years old, I had seen a lot that troubled me. 


Next time: LIFE STORY -I Have Seen Faithful Ones Thrive/ AS TOLD BY ROBERT LANDIS


From the jw.org publications

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.