12.21.2022

LIFE STORY -NIGERIA-LEARNING A NEW CULTURE/AS TOLD BY ROBERT LANDIS -Conclusion

 Awkwardly, I muddled through the rest of the introduction and then did some research. I learned that the sister had acted in accord with a traditional custom that at the time was still in practiced in some parts of the country.  Men would prostrate themselves in the same way. It was a way of showing respect.  It was not  worship; there are Scriptural precedents.  (1 Samuel 24:8) I was glad that I had not, in my ignorance, said anything that might embarrass my sister. 


We met many Nigerians who had shown remarkable faithfulness over the years.  Consider Isaiah Adagbona.  He learned the truth as a young man, but then he was diagnosed with leprosy.  He was sent to a leper colony where he was the only Witness. Despite opposition, he helped more than 30 lepers to accept the truth and established a congregation at the colony.


Next time: LIFE STORY -KENYA-THE BROTHERS WERE PATIENT WITH ME


From the jw.org publications












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.