12.21.2022

LIFE STORY -KENYA-THE BROTHERS WERE PATIENT WITH ME

 In 1996 we were assigned to the Kenya branch.  This was my first time back in the country since my visit mentioned at the outset. We lived at Bethel.  And among the visitors to the property were vervet monkeys.  They would "mug" the sisters who carried fruit. On day, a sister at Bethel had left her window open. When she came home, she found a family of monkeys enjoying the food they found in her room. She screamed and ran out the door.  The monkeys shriek and jumped out the window. 


Pauline and I joined a Swahili congregation. After a short time, I was assigned to conduct the congregation book study (now called Congregation Bible Study). However, ever my grasp on the language was still at the level of an infant. I would the material in advance, so I was able to read the questions. But if the comments from the audience varied even slightly from what was written, I did not understand them.  It was so awkward!  I felt sorry for the brothers and sisters. I was impressed that they calmly accepted the arrangement with patience and humility. 


Next time: LIFE STORY -UNTED STATES-FAITH AND PROSPERITY/AS TOLD BY ROBERT LANDIS


From the jw.org  publications









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.