12.19.2022

LIFE STORY - NORTHERN IRELAND-"THE LAND OF THE BOMB AND THE BULLE/AS TOLD BY ROBERT LANDIS

 When I returned to London, I contacted my friend's mother, and she gave me a Bible.  Later, when I went to Amsterdam, the Netherlands, a witness saw me reading  it under a streetlight, and he helped me to learn more.  Next, I went to Dublin, Ireland and found the branch office of Jehovah's Witnesses.  I knocked at the front door.  That's where I met Arthur Matthews, a wise, experienced brother.  I asked for  Bible study, and  he agreed to study with me.


I threw myself into my study voraciously reading the books and the bound volumes that the Witnesses published. And, of course, I read the Bible itself. It was so exciting!  At congregation meetings, I saw that even children knew the answers to questions that learned me pondered for centuries. 'Why is there evil? Who is God? What happens at death?'   I associated exclusively with the Witnesses. That was easy because I didn't know anyone else in the entire country.  They helped me to come love Jehovah and to want to do his will.


Next time: LIFE STORY - NORTHERN IRELAND-"THE LAND OF THE BOMB AND THE BULLET -Continue


From the jw.org publications 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.