12.21.2022

LIFE STORY -NIGERIA-LEARNING A NEW CULTURE/AS TOLD BY ROBERT LANDIS

 We were in Sierra Leone for nine years. Then we were transferred to Bethel in Nigeria. We were now in a large branch office. I was doing the same type of office work that I had done in Sierra Leone, but for Pauline, it was a big change and a difficult one. She had been spending 130 hours every month in the ministry, and she had productive Bible studies. Now she was assigned to the sewing room, where she spent her days repairing damaged clothing. It took a while to adjust, but she to realize that others deeply appreciated the work she was doing, and she concentrated on taking opportunities to encourage fellow Bethlelites.


The Nigerian culture was new to us, and we had much to learn.  On one occasion, a brother came to my office to introduce a sister who had just been accepted to Bethel. As I reached out to shake her hand, she prostrated herself at my feet.  I was stunned!  Two scriptures flashed through my mind: Acts 10:25, 26 and Revelation 19:10. I wondered, 'Should I tell her not to do that? At the same time, I realized that she had been accepted to Bethel, she knew what the Bible teaches.


Next time: LIFE STORY -NIGERIA-LEARNING A NEW CULTURE/AS TOLD BY ROBERT LANDIS


From the jw.org publications









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.