12.18.2022

LIFE STORY -I Have See Faithful Ones Thrive /AS TOLD BY ROBERT LANDIS - Continue

 My father had been a pilot in the United States Air Force.  So as a youngster, I was keenly aware that nuclear war was a real possibility.  The military had its finger on the trigger.  The war in Vietnam overshadowed my college years in California.  I joined student protests. Police wit clubs chased us and we ran, choking and half-blinded because of tear gas,  it was  a time of turmoil and rebellion.  There were political assassinations, protests, and riots. Ideas and opinions swirled like leaves in a windstorm. It was all so confusing.


In 1970, I took a job on the north coast of Alaska and made a lot of  money.  Then  I flew to London, bought a motorcycle, and rode south wit no destination in mind. Months later, I reached Africa. Along the way, I met people who also wished they could get away-break free somehow and run from the circumstances that enchained them.


Next time: LIFE STORY -I Have Seen Faithful Ones Thrive/AS TOLD BY ROBERT LANDIS 


From the jw.org publications


 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.