7.28.2011

Can Your Life Have Greater Meaning?

Rejoice in the Hope Ahead

The Bible promises "new heavens and a new earth," a righteous, caring heavenly government ruling over an obedient human family.  (2 Peter 3:13) In that new world promised by God, war and injustice will be replaced by peace and justice.  This is not just a fleeting wish, but it is a conviction that can grow stronger every day.  it is good news indeed and surely a reason for rejoicing. -Romans 12:12; Titus 1:2.

John, mentioned at the outset,  now feels that his life has greater meaning.  "Though i was never very religious, I always believed in God," he says.  "But I did nothing about this belief until two of Jehovah's Witnesses called on me.  I barraged them with questions, such as,  'What are we doing here?  Where are we going?"'  Their satisfying Scriptural answers gave me a sense of purpose for the first time in my life.  That was only the beginning.  I developed a thirst for truth that led me to change my entire set of values. Even though I am not longer rich materially, I feel like a millionaire spiritually."

Like John, perhaps you have let your spiritual capacity lie dormant for many years.  By developing "a heart of wisdom," however, you can revive it.  (Psalm 90:12 )  With determination and effort, you can have genuine joy, peace and hope.  (Romans 15:13) Yes, and your life can have greater meaning.

Next time: THE RESURRECTION HOPE IS SURE!

Watchtower, 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.