11.08.2013

"Carried From the Womb"



Having exposed the vanity of worshiping Babylon's idol gods, Jehovah says to his people:  "Listen to me, O house of Jacob, and all you remaining ones of the house of Israel, you the ones conveyed by me from the belly, the ones carried from the womb."  (Isaiah 46:3)  What a difference there is between Jehovah and the graven images of Babylon!  Babylon's gods can do nothing fro their worshipers.  If they are  to move, they have to be carried by some beast of burden.  In contrast Jehovah has been carrying his people.  He has sustained them "from the womb,"  from the time when the nation was formed. Warm memories of being carried by Jehovah should encourage the Jews to shun idol worship and to place their trust in him as their Father and Friend.

 Jehovah has further tender words for his people:  "Even to one's old age I am the same One; and to one's gray headedness I myself shall keep bearing up. I  myself shall certainly act, that I myself may carry and that I myself may bear up and furnish escape." (Isaiah 46:4)  Jehovah's  care for his people overshadows that of the most attentive human human parent. As children grow up, parents may feel less and less responsibility toward them. When the parents grow old, the children often care for them.  It is never like that with Jehovah. He never stops  caring for his human children-even in their old age.  God's worshipers today trust and love their Creator  and find great comfort in these words of Isaiah's prophecy.  They need not be anxious about the remaining  days or years that they have to spend in this system of things.   Jehovah promises to "keep bearing up" those who are advance in years, giving them the needed strength  to endure and remain faithful.  He will carry them, strengthen them, and furnish escape. -Hebrews 6:10.

Next time: Beware of Modern-Day Idols

From the Book Isaiah's Prophecy Light for all Mankind, Volume II, 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.