11.09.2013

Conclusion of "Muster up Courage"



Jehovah is "the One telling from the beginning the finale, and from long ago the things that have not been done:  the One saying 'My own counsel will stand, and everything that is my delight  I shall do.'" (Isaiah 46:10)  What other god can compare to Jehovah in this regard?  The ability to predict the future is an outstanding proof of the Creator's Godship.  However, it takes more than  foresight to ensure the fulfillment of things that are foretold.  The declaration "my own counsel will stand" stresses  the unchangableness of God's established purpose.  Since Jehovah had unlimited  power, nothing in the universe can prevent him from accomplishing his will.  (Daniel 4:35)  Therefore, we can be certain that any prophecies  that are yet to be fulfilled will indeed come true in God's due time. -Isaiah 55:11.

A striking example of Jehovah's ability to foretell future events and then bring about the fulfillment of his words is next drawn to out attention by Isaiah's  prophecy:  "The One calling from the sunrising a bird of prey, from a distant land the man to execute my counsel.  I have even spoken it; I shall also bring it in.  I have formed it, I shall also do it." (Isaiah 46:11) As "the One telling from the beginning the finale," Jehovah God will shape the circumstances in human affairs in order  to carry out his counsel.  He will call Cyrus "from the sunrising, " or Persia in the east, where Cyrus ' favorite capital, Pasargadae, will be. Cyrus will be like "a bird of prey," pouncing suddenly and unexpectedly upon Babylon.

The certainty of Jehovah's prediction concerning Babylon is confirmed  by the words, "I have even spoken it; I shall also bring it in." While imperfect man is prone to make impulsive promises, the Creator never fails to fulfill his word.  Because Jehovah is God "Who cannot lie,"  we can be certain that if he has "formed it," he will  "also do it." -Titus 1:2. 

Next time: Faithless Hearts

From the Book Isaiah's Prophecies Light for all Mankind, Volume II, 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.