11.01.2013

Jehovah Reveals His Hurt




In ancient times the restored remnant of Israel are a changed people when compared with Isaiah's wicked generation.  Of the latter, Jehovah says:  "You have not called even me, O Jacob, because you have grown weary of me, O Israel. You have not brought me the sheep of your whole burnt offerings, and with your sacrifices you have not glorified me.  I have not compelled you to serve  me with a gift, nor have I made you  weary with frankincense.  For me you have brought no sweet cane with any  money; and with the fat of your sacrifices you have not saturated me.  In reality you have compelled me to serve because  of your sins; you have made me weary with your errors." -Isaiah 43:22-24.

In saying, "I have not compelled you to serve me with a gift, nor have I made you weary with frankincense (a component of holy incense) are not required. Indeed, these are an integral part of true worship under the Law covenant.  The same is true of the "cane," which refers to aromatic calamus, a sweet-smelling ingredient of  holy anointing oil. The Israelites have been neglecting the use of these  in temple service.  But are such requirements burdensome? No indeed!  Jehovah's requirements are light when compared with those of false gods.  For instance, the false god Molech demanded child sacrifice-something that Jehovah has never required! -Deuteronomy 30:11; Micah 6:3, 4, 8.

If only the Israelites had spiritual perception, for then they would never 'grow weary of Jehovah.'  By looking in his Law, they would see his deep love for them and gladly offer him "the fat," the best part of their sacrifices.   Instead, they greedily  keep the fat for themselves.  (Leviticus 3:9-11, 16)  How this wicked nation weighs Jehovah down with the burden of their sins-in effect, making him serve them! -Nehemiah 9:28-30.

Next time: Discipline Reaps Fruitage

From the Book Isaiah's Prophecy Light for all Mankind, Volume II, 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.