11.14.2013

'I Am the First, I Am the Last'




Now Jehovah warmly appeals to his covenant people:  "Listen to me, O Jacob, and you Israel my called one. I am the same One. I am the first. Moreover, I am the last. Moreover, my own hand laid the foundation of the earth, and my own right hand extended out the heavens. I am calling to them, that they may keep  standing together."  (Israel 48:12, 13)  Unlike man, God is eternal and does not change.  (Malachi 3:6)  In Revelation, Jehovah declares:  "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and  the  end."(Revelation 22:13)  Before Jehovah there was no almighty God and after him there will be none. He is the Supreme and Eternal One,  the Creator.  His "hand"-his applied power-established the earth and stretched out the starry heavens.  (Job 38:4; Psalm 102:25)  When he calls his creations, they stand ready to serve him. -Psalm 147:4.

A solemn invitation is addressed to both Jews and non-Jews:  "Be collected together,  all you people, and hear.  Who among them has told these things?  Jehovah himself has loved him. He will do what is delight upon Babylon, and his own arm will be upon the Chaldeans. I-I myself have spoken. Moreover, I have called him. I have brought him in, and there will be a making of his way successful."  (Isaiah 48:14, 15)  Jehovah alone is all-powerful and able to foretell events accurately.  None among "them,"  the worthless idols, is able to tell  these things.  Jehovah, not the idols, has "loved him,"  Cyrus - that is, Jehovah has chosen him for a specific purpose.  (Isaiah 41:2;44:28; 45:1, 13; 46:11) He has foreseen Cyrus' appearance on the world stage  and has singled him out as the future conqueror of Babylon.

In an inviting tone, Jehovah continues:  " Come near to me, you people.  Hear this. From the start I have spoken in no place of  concealment at all.  From the time of its occurring I have been there." (Isaiah 48:16a)  Predictions from Jehovah have not been given in secrecy or made known only to a few initiates.  Jehovah's prophecies were forthright speakers on behalf of God.  (Isaiah 61:1)  They publicly declare the will of God. For example, events connected with Cyrus were not new to God or unforeseen by him.  Some 200 years in advance, God openly foretold them  through Isaiah. 

In the same way today, Jehovah is not secretive about his purposes.  Millions of people in hundreds of lands and islands of the sea proclaim from house to house, on the streets, and wherever else they can the warning of the coming of the end of this system of things and the good news of blessings to come under God's Kingdom. Truly, Jehovah is  a God  who communicates his purposes.

Next time: "Pay Attention to My Commandments!"

From the Book  Isaiah's Prophecy Light for all Mankind, Volume II, 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.