12.21.2015

Conclusion of OUR FAMILY LEARNS THE TRUTH


Understandably, it was not the easiest thing for us children to speak to people about our beliefs.  Something that really helped, though, was that my younger sister Eva and I often prepares the  month's field service presentation and demonstrated  it at the Service Meeting.  It was a wonderful way for us, though we were shy, to learn to speak with others about the Bible. I'm so grateful for how we were trained to preach! 

One of the highlights of our childhood was having full-time servants stay with us.  For example, we loved it when our circuit overseer, Jack Nathan, visited our congregation and stayed in our home.  His countless stories were a delight, and his sincere commendation made us want to serve Jehovah faithfully.

I recall thinking, "When I grow up, I want to be like Brother Nathan."  Little did I realize then that his example was helping to groom me for a career in full-time service.  By the time I was 15 years old, I was determined to serve Jehovah.  In 1942,  Eva and I were baptized. 

Next time: LIFE STORY/Jehovah's Blessing Has Enriched My Life - AS TOLD BY MELITA JARACZ -TESTS OF FAITH

From The Watchtower magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.