12.12.2015

HELP FOR THE FAMILY/MARRIAGE


Conclusion of Dealing With Differences 



WHAT YOU CAN DO 


Be supportive.  A husband named Adam says:  "My wife Karen has zero interest in sports.  But she has come with me to several games and has even cheered along with me. On the other hand, Karen loves art museums, so I go with her, and we spend as much time there as she wants.  I do my best to show an interest in art because it is important to her." -BIBLE PRINCIPLE:  1 Corinthians 10:24. 

Expand your view.  Your spouse's outlook on things is not necessarily wrong just because it is different from yours.  That is a lesson that a husband name Alex learned:  "I always felt  that a straight line is the shortest way from point A to point B and that any other choice would be deficient," he says.   "But being married has helped to realize that there are many ways to get from point A to B and that each method is effective in its own way." -BIBLE PRINCIPLE:  1 Peter 5:5. 

 Be realistic.  Being compatible does not mean  being identical.  So do not conclude that your marriage was a mistake simply because a few differences have become evident.  "Lots of people fall back on 'I was blinded by love," says the book The Case Against Divorce. However,  "every day you spent together happy," continues the book,  "shows that despite whatever innate differences you have, you can love each other."  Try to "continue putting up with one another. . .even if anyone has a cause for complaint." -BIBLE PRINCIPLE:  Colossians 3:13.

Try this: Write down what you like, love, and find compatible about your spouse.  Then write down the things you find incompatible. You may find that your differences  are less serious than you think.  The list will also reveal  where you can be more tolerant or supportive of your spouse.   "I appreciate it when my wife adjust to me, and I know she appreciates it when I adjust to her," says a husband named Kenneth. "Even if it means a sacrifice on my part, seeing her happy makes me happy." -BIBLE PRINCIPLE: Philippians 4:5.

Note: That is what marriage is about; sacrificing for the people you love or claim to love, talking things out, sharing everything, being honest and sneaking around in any way.  Each one giving 100% of each spouse. Most people, particularly celebrities  give up too fast.  This is partly selfishness.   The key is to be married for a lifetime with the one you love. So every marriage mate needs to understand the other and respect their wishes and compromise to name a few things. 

Next time: Are You Reaching the Stature That Belongs to Christ? 

From the Awake! magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.