12.01.2015

"Let the Many Islands Rejoice/ AS TOLD BY GEOFFREY JACKSON


Conclusion of  SOME HISTORIC DECISIONS

Sadly, Jenny, my faithful companion for over 35 years, did not live to witness that memorable event. She succumbed to her ten-year battle with breast cancer in 2009. When she is resurrected, she will no doubt  be overjoyed to hear the news about the release of the Tuvaluan Bible. 

Since that time, Jehovah has blessed me with another beautiful companion, Loraini Sikivou,  Loraini and Jenny worked together at Bethel in Fiji, and Loraini too served as a translator, with the Fijian language.  So now I again have a faithful wife, and together we share in service to Jehovah and also in a love of language! 

As I look back over the years, I am so encouraged to see how our loving heavenly Father, Jehovah, continues to care for the needs of language groups, both small and large.  (Psalm 49:1-3)  I have seen is love reflected in the joy  on the faces of people when they first see some of our literature in their language or sing praises to Jehovah in the language of their hearts.  (Acts 2:8, 11) I can hear the words of Saulo Teasi, an elderly Tuvaluan brother. After he had sung a Kingdom song for the first time in his language, he said:  "I think you should tell the Governing Body that these songs sound better in Tuvaluan than they do in English." 

Since September  2005, I have had the unexpected privilege  of serving as a member of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. While I can no longer serve as translator, I thank Jehovah that he allows me to remain involved in supporting the worldwide translation work. What a joy it is to know that Jehovah cares for the spiritual needs of all his people-even those on isolated islands in the middle of the Pacific Ocean!  Yes, as the psalmist says, "Jehovah has become  King! Le the earth be joyful. Let the many islands rejoice." -Psalm 97:1. 

Next time: Meditate on Jehovah's Enduring Love

From the Watchtower magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.