5.12.2016

I Lost My Unborn Baby/Love-The Best Cure


Along with the passing of time, an effective care was the love shown by my husband and by fellow Christians.  One Witness made dinner and brought it over. A congregation elder and his wife brought flowers and a loving card, and they stayed for the evening.  We knew how busy they were, so their thoughtfulness touched our hearts.  Many other friends sent cards or flowers.  The simple words  "We're thinking of you" meant so much!  One member of the congregation wrote:  "We view life as Jehovah does-as something most precious.  If he knows when a sparrow falls to the ground, he surely knows when a human fetus falls."  My cousin wrote:  "We are so amazed at the miracle of birth and life, and we are equally  surprised when it doesn't work out."

While at the Kingdom Hall, a few weeks later, I felt weepy and had to leave just before the meeting began. Two dear friends who noticed my tearful exit sat with me in the car, held my hand, and made me laugh.  Soon all three of us went back inside. What a joy to have friends that  stick "stick closer than a brother"! -Proverbs 18:24. 

As the news spread, I was surprised to learn how many fellow Witnesses had been through the same experience. Even some whom I had not been so close to previously were able to offer special consolation and encouragement.  Their loving support in my hour of need reminded me of the Biblical saying:  "A true companion is loving all the time, and is a brother that is born when there is distress." -Proverbs 17:17. 

Next time: I Lost My Unborn Baby/Comfort From God's Word

From the Awake! magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.