11.07.2016

HOW CAN YOU COMBAT NEGATIVE FEELINGS?


They Are Successfully Coping with Negative Feelings

"My father is an alcoholic, and he has caused me much suffering.  I have been plagued by feelings of worthlessness for as long as I can remember.  But when I accepted a Bible study with one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I learned about the promise of everlasting life on earth.   This hope filled  my mind and heart with joy.  Bible reading became a regular part of my life. I always have  a Bible close by. When I am overwhelmed by negative feelings, I reach for it and read comforting scriptures. Reading about God's appealing qualities assures me how precious I am in his eyes." -Katia, a 33-year-old woman.

"I was addicted to alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, crack cocaine, and I sniffed glue.  Having lost almost everything I owned, I became a beggar.  But after accepting a Bible study with Jehovah's Witnesses, I changed my life completely.  I came to know God as a Person. Even though I still have to fight against feelings of guilt and worthlessness, I have learned to lean upon God's mercy and loving-kindness. I am sure that God will continue to give me the strength to overcome my negative feelings.  Getting to know Bible truths is the best thing that ever happened to me." - Renato, a 37-year-old man. 

"Ever since I was small, I used to compare myself with my older brother. I always felt inferior to him. I still have a great sense of insecurity, doubting my abilities.  But I am determined to win this battle. I have prayed incessantly  to Jehovah, and he has helped me to overcome my feelings of inadequacy. It is heartwarming to know that God truly loves and cares for me!" -Roberta, a 45-year-old woman. 

Next time: DRAW CLOSE TO GOD?  A "Hearer of Prayer" 

From the Watchtower  magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.