11.22.2016

I Lost My Unborn Baby


Comfort From God's Word

The Memorial of Christ's death came the week after my miscarriage. One evening as we were reading the Bible accounts about Jesus' last days, it suddenly occurred tome:  'Jehovah knows the pain of loss. He lost his own son!' Because Jehovah is our heavenly Father, I sometimes forget how understanding he is and how much empathy he has for his servants-male and female. In that instant I felt an overwhelming sense of relief. I felt closer to Jehovah than ever before. 

I also derived much encouragement from Bible-based publications, particularly past issues of the Watchtower and Awake!  magazines that dealt with the loss of a loved one.  For example, the articles on "Facing the Loss of a Child" in the August 8,1987, issue of Awake! were very helpful, as was the brochure When Someone You Love Dies. 

Next time: I Lost My Unborn Baby/An End to Grief

From the Watchtower magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.