11.20.2016

YOUNG PEOPLE ASK . . How Can I Preach to My Schoolmates?


Developing Eagerness to Preach

The apostle Paul certainly wasn't shy about sharing his faith with others.  At Romans 1:15, he describes himself as eager to declare the Bible's message.  What caused such eagerness? He says, as recorded in Verse 16:  "I am not ashamed of the good news; it is, in fact, God's power for salvation to everyone having faith."  What about you?  Have you really proved the truth to yourself?  (Romans 12:2) Are you personally convinced that the Bible's message is God's power for salvation"? 

Simply attending Christian meetings with your parents is not enough.  "It's easy just to go to meetings," says a youth named Deborah, "because your parents tell you to do so.  But when people ask me questions about the Bible, I didn't know how to explain myself."  A youth named Mi Young likewise admits:  "We have to proved to ourselves  that this is the truth."

What can motivate you to share your knowledge of the Bible with others?  Studying it on your own.  A youth name Sean says:  "When you start your own personal study of the Bible, you begin to make the truth your own.  You're studying for yourself."  True, not everyone is studious by nature.  "I don't like to read," admits Shevon.  "So at first it as hard for me to read the Watchtower and Awake! or to read the Bible daily.  But as time went on, I started to do so."

Next time: Conclusion of Developing Eagerness to Preach

From the Awake! magazine  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.