11.23.2016

I Lost My Unborn Baby


An End to Grief

As time went by, I knew that I was healing when I could laugh without feeling guilty and when I could have a conversation without it coming back to the baby I had lost. Even so, I bumped into emotional land mines on occasion, such as when I saw friends who had not heard about the miscarriage or when a family with a new baby visited our Kingdom Hall. 

Then one morning i woke up feeling that the clouds had at last lifted. Even before I opened my eyes, I had a sense of healing-a peace and calm that I had not felt for months.  Still, when I found myself pregnant about a year after I lost the baby, thoughts about the possibility of another miscarriage surfaced.  Happily, I gave birth to a healthy baby boy in October 2001. 

I still grieve for the baby I lost. Yet, the whole episode has increased my appreciation for life, for family, for fellow Christians, and for God-who comforts us.  The experience has also underscored the poignant truth that God does not take our children but that "time and unforeseen occurrence befall [us] all." -Ecclesiastes 9:11.

How I look forward to the time when God will eliminate all mourning, outcry, and pain, including the physical and emotional pain of miscarriage!  (Isaiah 65:17-23) Then all obedient humans will be able to say:  "Death, where is your victory? Death, where is your sting?" -1 Corinthians 15:55; Isaiah 25:8. -Contributed. 

Next time: I Lost My Unborn Baby/How Family and Friends Can Help

From the Awake! magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.