3.12.2019

12 Secrets of Successful Families - Conclusion of 9.Identity


WHAT YOU CAN DO

Develop a sense of who you are now and who you want to become by analyzing your strengths, your weaknesses, and your convictions.  A good way to start is to answer the following questions.

Strength:  What talents and skills do I have?  What are my strong points?  (for example: Am I punctual? self-controlled? hardworking? generous?  What positive things do I do?

TIP:  Are you having trouble identifying positive things about  yourself?  Ask a parent or  a trusted friend what strengths he or she sees in you and why?

BIBLE PRINCIPLE:  "Let each one examine his own actions, and then he will have cause  for rejoicing in regard to him alone, and not in comparison with the other person." -GALATIANS 6:4.

Weaknesses:  What aspects of my personality need the most work?  When am I especially susceptible to temptation?  In what areas could I exercise self-control?

BIBLE PRINCIPLE: "If we make a statement,  'We have no sin,' we are misleading ourselves." - 1 JOHN 1:8. 

Convictions:    What moral code do I follow, and why? Do I believe in God?  What evidence has convince me of his existence? What actions do I consider to be unjust, and why?  What convictions do I hold about the future? 

BIBLE PRINCIPLE:  "Thinking ability will keep watch over you, and discernment will safeguard you." -PROVERBS 2:11.

 Next time: 12 Secrets of Successful Families - 10. Trustworthiness

From the jw.org publications

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.