6.25.2019

How to Be Humble -TRAIN NOW


A child who learns to perform humble tasks at home is more likely to work well with others as an adult.

TEACH BY EXAMPLE

* Do I let my children know that at times I also need help from others?

* Do I speak positively and appreciatively of others, or do I belittle them?

* Do my children see that I value serving others?

WHAT WE DID

"Our daughter told us about a classmate who, as she said was mean to others and is not liked.  I told her to think of what that girl must be going through at home. After all, not everybody has a good family life.  That helped our daughter to see that she is not  better than others. She may just have better circumstances." -Karen. 

"We encourage our daughters to enjoy what they learn in school and simply to do their best without comparing themselves to others. We want them to know that we will not compare them to others either." - Marianna. 

Note: Not everyone has a great family life; but to be honest, in my opinion, being mean, does not give you a pass  to be that way. We need to leave that at home when we are elsewhere.  You make too many enemies by being that way  and God does not approve of it.  And that includes when we are in pain. If we are in pain of some kind, and someone is helping  us in some way, that is not an excuse to be rude or mean, whether they help or not, there is not excuse!

Next time: How to Be Resilient - WHAT IS RESILIENCE?

From the jw.org publications

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.