6.27.2019

How to Be Resilient - TRAIN NOW


A child who is able to bounce back from disappointments and mistakes is more likely to persevere when learning skills and to become proficient at them.

TEACH BY EXAMPLE

* Do I admit my mistakes, or do I blame others?

* Do I talk about my failures and what I learned from them?

* Do I ridicule others for their mistakes?

WHAT WE DID

"We did not protect our children from every challenge, failure or mistake.  When I was young, enduring those things made me a better person.  I feel that both of our children grew up to be balanced, well-adjusted adults because they were not pampered." - Jeff.

"When my wife and I made mistakes with our children, we would always apologize.  I believe that parents should share their own mistakes, setbacks, and errors with their children to emphasize that it's just part of life." -James.

Next time: How to Be Responsible - WHAT DOES BEING RESPONSIBLE INVOLVE? 

From the jw.org publications

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.