6.23.2019

Six Lessons Children Need to Learn - TRAIN NOW


Saying no to your child now will help him to say no to himself later in life-for example, if he is tempted to take drugs or to engage in other harmful practices.

TEACH  BY EXAMPLE

* Does my child see me work through frustrating situations without losing my temper?

* Have I explained to my child the reasons why I try to handle problems calmly?

* How would my child describe me-as impulsive and quick-tempered or as self-disciplined and controlled? 

WHAT WE DID

"Even though our daughter was allowed to become frustrated or angry, she wasn't allowed to let those feelings exasperate those around her.  If she couldn't control herself, then she would be removed from others' company until she could calm down." - Theresa.

"My wife and I made it our aim to let our children know when they made us proud.  We praised them when they didn't allow difficulty to get them out of sorts or when they kept their cool and showed self-control." - Wayne.

Next time: How to Be Humble -WHAT IS HUMILITY?

From the jw.org publications

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.