8.03.2012

Conclusion of Solutions to Common Complaints -Complaint #6




How some have applied this advice:  Jenny, who lives in England and has been married to Simon for nine years now, says:  "I find that my most frequent cause for irritation with my husband is his tendency not to plan ahead, to handle things at the last minute.  That's ironic, because when we were dating, I used to love that he was so spontaneous.  However, I now recognize that I too have faults, like being too controlling.  Simon and I are learning to overlook each other's little imperfections."

Curt, who is married to Michele, quoted earlier, states:  "If you focus on your mate's annoying traits, those faults will seem to get bigger and bigger.  I prefer to focus on the qualities that made me fall in love with Michele to start with." 

The Secret to Success

These few examples illustrate that challenges in a marriage are inevitable but not insurmountable.  What is the secret to success?  Develop a love for God and a willingness to apply the counsel contained in his Word, the Bible.

Alex and Itohan, who live in Nigeria and have been married for more than 20 years, have learned that secret.  Alex says:  "I've discovered that nearly any marital difficulty can be resolved if a couple applies Bible principles."  His wife says:  "We have learned the importance of praying together regularly and of applying the Bible's advice to be sincerely loving and patient with each other.  We now have fewer problems than when we first got married.

Would you like to learn more about how the practical counsel found in God's Word can benefit your family?  If so, ask Jehovah's Witnesses to discuss with you chapter 14 of the book What Does the Bible Really Teach?"

Next time: The Bible Changes Lives

The Watchtower, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.