11.28.2018

Conclusion of David and Goliath


Some soldiers go and tell King Saul that David wants to fight Go-li'ath.  But Saul tells David:  'You can't fight this Phi-lis'tine. You are just a boy, and he has been a soldier all his life.'  David answers:  'I killed a bear and and lion that carried off my father's sheep.  And this Phi-lis'tine will become like one of them.  Jehovah will help me.'  So Saul says:' Go, and may Jehovah be with you.' 

David goes down by a stream and gets five smooth stones, and puts them into his bag.  Then he takes his sling and goes out to meet the giant.  When  Go-li'ath sees him, he can't believe it.  He thinks it will be so easy to kill David.

'Just come to me,'  Go-li'ath says, 'and I will give your body to the birds and animals to eat.'  But David says: 'You come to me with a sword, a spear and a javelin, but I am coming to you with the name of Jehovah.  This day Jehovah will give you into my hands and I will strike you down.

At that David runs toward Go-li'ath. He takes a stone from his bag puts it into his sling, and throws it with all his might.  The stone flies into Go-li'ath's head, and he falls down dead! When the Phi-lis'tines see that their champion has fallen, they all turn and run.  The Israelites run after them and win the battle.

1 Samuel 17:1-54.

Next time: Why David Must Run Away

From the jw.org publications 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.