11.13.2018

Conclusion of A Donkey Talks


'You have made me look like a fool,' Ba'laam says.  'If I had a sword I would kill you!'

Have I treated you like this before?' the donkey asks.

'No,' Ba'laam answers. 

Then Jehovah lets Ba'laam see the angle with the sword standing on the road.'  The angel says:  'Why have you beaten your donkey?  I have come to block your way, because you should not be going to curse Israel. If  your donkey has not turned away from me, I would have struck you dead, but I would not have hurt your donkey.'

Ba'laam says:  'I have sinned. I did not know you were standing on the road.'  The angel lets Ba'laam go, and Ba'laam goes on to see Ba'lak.  He still tries to curse Israel, but, instead, Jehovah makes him bless Israel three times. 

Numbers  21:21-35; 22:1-40' 23:1-30; 24:1-25.

Next time: Joshua Becomes Leader

From the jw.org publications

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.