11.21.2018

Conclusion of Ruth and Naomi


Na'o-mi turns to her and says: 'Or'pah has left. You too go home with her.' But Ruth answers: 'Don't try to make me leave you!  Let me go with you. Where you go I will go, and where you live I will live. Your people will be my people and your God will be my God.  Where you die I will die, and that is where I will be buried.'  When Ruth says this, Na'o-mi doesn't try anymore to make her go home.

Finally the two women get to Israel. Here they settle down to live. But Ruth right away beings working in the fields, because it is time for gathering the barley. A man named Bo'az lets her gather barley in his fields. Do you know who the mother of Bo'az was?  She was Ra'hab of the city of Jer'i-cho.

One day Bo'az tells  Ruth:  'I have heard all about you, and how kind you have been to Na'o-mi. I know how you left your father and mother and your own country and yow you cam to live among a people  you had never know before. May Jehovah be good to you!'

Ruth answers: 'You are  very kind to me, sir. You have me feel better by the nice way you  have spoken to me.'  Bo'az likes Ruth very much, and it is not long before they get married. How happy this makes Na'o-mi!  But Na'o-mi is even happier when Ruth and Bo'az have their first son, named O'bed.  Later O'bed becomes the grandfather of David, about whom we will learn a lot later on.

The Bible book of Ruth. 

Next time: Gideon and His 300 Men

From the jw.org publications

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.