1.22.2019

Continue with THEY FACED THE CHALLENGE - Ricardo


Most of my relatives were unhappy>  Their lives were full of problems. But that was not the case with  the family of my uncles. I knew that they were good people, and I knew that they lived by Bible principles. In fact, I had once learned from them that God's name was Jehovah. So not long after the shoot-out, I prayed to Jehovah, addressing him by name and asking him to help me.  To my astonishment, the very next day, one of Jehovah's Witnesses knocked on my door!  He became my Bible teacher. 

I soon faced a big challenge. My old friends often phoned, asking me to hang out with them.  Though it was not easy, I said no. I was determined to continue my Bible study, and I am glad I did!  My life improved dramatically, and I found true happiness. 

I remember telling God in prayer that I had once been willing  to spend ten years in prison to earn respect as a gang member.  So I asked him to allow me to serve him for at least ten years as a full-time minister in order to help others as i had been helped.  God answered my prayer, for I  have spent 17 years as a full-time minister. And I  might add, I never went to prison.

Many of my former friends, however, are serving prison sentences.  Others are dead. Looking back, I am most grateful to my Witness relatives. They were willing to be different, to live by the Bible. I grew to respect them more than I ever expected  anyone in the gang.  Above all, I am thankful to God for teaching me the very best way to live.

Next time: THEY FACED THE CHALLENGE -Andres

From the jw.org publications

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.