1.23.2019

THEY FACED THE CHALLENGE -Andres


Andres: I was born and raised in a poor neighborhood where drugs, extortion, murder, and prostitution were common. My father was an alcoholic and a cocaine addict.  He and my mother were always fighting, verbally and physically.

At an early age, I began drinking alcohol and using drugs.  I spent most of my time on the streets, stealing and then selling what I stole.  As I got older, my father, in a misguided attempt to draw close to me, taught me how to smuggle drugs and other illegal products into the country and sell them.  I made a lot of money - fast.  Then one day the police came to my home.  They arrested me, and I was sentenced to five years in prison  for attempted murder.

One morning an announcement over the prison loudspeaker invited inmates  to a Bible discussion held by Jehovah's Witnesses.  I decided to attend.  What I heard made sense, so I began to study the Bible with the Witnesses.  They did not water down the Scriptures but showed me God's high moral standards. 

Next time: Conclusion of THEY FACED THE CHALLENGE -Andres

From the jw.org publications 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.