1.18.2019

Getting to the Root of Our Problems


Note: I will be moving to Arkansas in  first part of February, so if I miss  not doing a few blogs, it means that I am packing and getting things ready. I am on my own so, please forgive and do not give up. After I move, I will have my computer up and going as soon as I can. This blog is too important to me. Please have patience. 

Do you believe that mankind can solve the many problems that rob us of peace and security and that threaten our future?   To be effective, any cure must surely address the root causes of our troubles, not just the symptoms.

To illustrate, a patient named Tom was sick and later died. Why did he die?  "When his first symptoms  appeared , no one thought to search for the underlying cause," wrote the doctor whose hospital  received Tom shortly before he  died. It seems that Tom's earlier caregivers had simply give him medication to make him feel better. 

Are humans taking a similar approach to the world's ills?  For example, in fighting crime, governments enact laws, install video surveillance, and strengthen police forces.  But these measures, while effective  to some extent, do  not address underlying causes.  After all, behavior usually reflects attitudes, beliefs, and desires. 

Next time: Continue with Getting to the Root of Our Problems

From the jw.org publications 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.