11.15.2014

Continue with I found Hope When I Needed It Most- AS TOLD BY MIKLOS ALEKSZA


Then, in the spring of 1994, two of Jehovah's Witnesses visited my father, and he asked them to speak to me.  I listened as they described God's purpose to make the earth into a paradise and to eliminate sickness and suffering.  It all sounded very good, but I was skeptical. Still, i accepted two Bible study aids. After I read the books, the Witnesses  offered to study  the Bible with me, and I consented.  They also encouraged me to pray. As  our discussions progressed, I received answers to my many questions straight from the Bible. I also became convinced that God really does care about me. Finally, on September 14, 1997, after studying the Bible for two years, I was baptized at home in a bathtub.  It was one of the happiest days of my life. 

In 2007, I moved permanently to Budapest to a home for the disabled.  this move has given me many opportunities to share with others the wonderful things I have learned.  In good weather, I can even go outside to talk to people, thanks to a specially adapted motorized wheelchair that I steer with my chin. 

With generous financial assistance of a family in my congregation, I was also able to obtain a laptop computer that operates by tracking my head movements.  This device allows me to telephone people via the Internet and write letters to house holders  who were away when members of my congregation called on their homes.  Helping others  in this way has improved  my communication skills considerably and has helped me to take my mind off myself.

Next time: Conclusion of I Found Hope When I Needed It Most-AS TOLD BY MIKLOS ALEKSZA

From the Awake! magazine, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.