11.12.2014

The Cleansing Power of God's Word


"Finally, my grandmother recommended to a local pastor that I attend a certain Bible school. The pastor agreed.  However, before i started attending, my aunt who is one of Jehovah's Witnesses, said that if I really wanted to learn the Bible, I should study with the Witnesses

"I went to the Kingdom Hall and was introduced to a man who agreed to study the Bible with me.  Many in attendance greeted me warmly and made me feel welcome.

"After i began to study the Bible and attend Christian meetings, the craving for drugs was replaced by a desire to draw close to God. One year later I had progressed to the point of dedicating my life to Jehovah God, and I symbolized that dedication by water baptism.

"Recently, while going from house to house, I met one of my former  drug associates. He could not comprehend my dramatic turnaround.  this opened the door for a witness, and i was able to speak to him about the Kingdom hope. 

"At last I have found true purpose and meaning in life. Thanks to God's help and counsel from his Word, I am now able to help others to rid themselves of the demoralizing habit of drug abuse." 

Next time: KEYS TO A HAPPY LIFE

From the Awake! magazine, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.