11.14.2014

KEYS TO A HAPPY LIFE-BUILD RESILIENCE


Who has a problem-free life? As the Bible says, there is "a time to weep" and  "a time to wail." (Ecclesiastes 3:4)  Resilience helps us to get through such times, to bounce back from adversity. Consider Carol and Mildred.

Carol has a spinal degenerative disease, diabetes, sleep apnea, and macular degeneration that has blinded her left eye.  Yet, she says:  "I allow myself  my 'pity party.'  But then I set my feelings aside and thank God for what I am still able to do, especially for other people." 

Mildred too has a number of ailments, including arthritis, breast cancer, and diabetes.  But like Carol she tries not to focus on her problems.  "I have learned  to love people and to comfort others during their illness, which helps me as well," she writes. "In fact, I find that when I am  comforting others, I am not worrying about myself. 

Although both women are interested in receiving good medical care, they focus, not on their physical health, but on their attitude and how they use their time. As  a result, they have and inner joy that no one can take away from them.  Additionally, they are much loved by others and are an inspiration to people who are going through various trials. 

When applied, the Bible's wisdom is "a tree of life to those who take hold of it will be called happy.  (Proverbs 3:13-18) Why not discover that truth for yourself by tapping into the wisdom recorded in the Bible?  After all, the Author of this sacred book, who is called "the happy God," wants you to be happy too. -1 Timothy 1:11. 

Next time: ROMAN AQUEDUCTS-MARVELS OF ENGINEERING

From the Awake! magazine, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.