6.24.2015

A Legacy That Has Lasted Seven Generations


HONORING MY HERITAGE

Following our family legacy, my parents, Geoffrey and Janice Williams, worked hard to raise my sister Katharine, and me to value Christian principles. At age 13, I made those values my own.  While attending a Christian assembly, I heard John E. Barr, a member of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, urge young ones in the audience:  "Do not waste the most precious thing you have-the opportunity to know and love Jehovah."  That night I dedicated my life to Jehovah. Two years later, I started pioneering. Today, I enjoy preaching  full-time with my wife, Chloe, in Tom Price, a remote mining town in the northwest or Western Australia. We work part-time to care for our needs. My parents and my sister, Katherine, and her husband, Andrew, pioneer in Port Hedland, some 260 miles  (420 km) to the north.Dad and I also serve as congregation elders.

Seven generations ago, my ancestor Thomas Williams determined to serve Jehovah God.  That legacy of faith and service has been passed down to me. I feel truly blessed to have such a rich spiritual heritage. 

Next time: Who Is the Antichrist? 

From the Watchtower magazine, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.