10.01.2017

May He . . . Give Success to All Your Plans - WHY DISCIPLE-MAKERS ARE SUCCESSFUL


Jesus said: "Go . . . make disciples of people . . . teaching them." ( Matthew 28:19, 20)  If you plan to be a disciple-maker, you will be choosing a most satisfying career, one that glorifies God.  As with any career, you need time to become skilled. Recently, a brother named Timothy who started pioneering as a teenager said:  "I like serving Jehovah full-time because  it's the way I express my love for him.  At first, I couldn't start any Bible studies, but later I moved to another territory, and within a month I started several studies.  One student began coming to the Kingdom Hall.  After I attended the two -month Bible School for Single Brothers,"  I received a new assignment where I have started four studies. I love teaching people, as I can see that holy spirit is changing them." -1 Thessalonians 2:19. 

Some young Christians have learned another language.  For example,  Jacob from North America, writes:  "When I was seven, many of my classmates were Vietnamese. I wanted to tell them about Jehovah, so after awhile I made plans to learn their language.  For the most part, I learned by comparing the English and Vietnamese editions of the Watchtower. I also made friends  in a nearby Vietnamese-language congregation. When I was  18, I started pioneering. Later, I attended the Bible School for Single Brothers.  This helped me with my  present pioneer assignment, where I am the only elder in a Vietnamese-language group.  Many Vietnamese people are amazed that I have learned their language. They invite me in, and often I can study the Bible with them. Some have progressed to baptism."-Compare Acts 2:7, 8.

Disciple-making is an educational experience that teaches you good work habits, communication skills, confidence, and tact.  (Proverbs 21:5; 2 Timothy 2:24) But making disciples is especially joyful because it helps you to become more familiar with the Scriptural basis for your faith. You also learn how to work closely  with Jehovah. -1 Corinthians 3:9.  

You can enjoy making disciples even if few people in your territory respond to the good news. Making disciples is teamwork.  The whole congregation searches for sincere ones. Although only one brother or sister may find the person who eventually becomes a disciple, all shared in the search and all can share in the joy.  For example, Brandon spent nine years pioneering in unresponsive territory.  He says:  "I like  preaching the good news because it is what Jehovah asks us to do. I started pioneering soon after finishing school. I enjoy encouraging the young brothers in  our congregation and seeing their spiritual  progress. After I attended the Bible School for Single Brothers, I received a new pioneer assignment.  It's true that I have never found anyone in the territory  who progressed to baptism, but others I have.  I'm glad that I planned to share fully in the disciple-making  work." -Ecclesiastes 11:6.  

Next time: May He . . . Give Success to All Your Plans - WHERE YOUR PLANS MAY LEAD YOU

 From the jw.org publications 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.