1.05.2018

Wisdom in "the Word of God" -Conclusion of Why Human Writers?


The use of human penmen gives the Bible tremendous warmth and appeal.  Its writers were men with feelings like ours.  Being imperfect, the faced trials and pressures similar to our own.  In some cases, Jehovah's spirit inspired them to write about their own feelings and struggles.  (2 Corinthians 12:7-10)  So they penned words in the first person, words that no angel could have expressed.

Take, for example, King David of Israel.  After he had committed some serious sins, David composed a psalm in which he poured out his heart, begging for God's forgiveness.  He wrote:  "Cleanse me even from my sin.  For my transgressions I myself know, and my sin is in front of me constantly.  Look! With error i was brought forth with birth pains, and in sin my mother conceived me.  Do not throw me away from before your face; and your holy spirit O do not take away from me.  The sacrifices to God are a broken spirit; a heart broken and crushed, O God, you will not despise." (Psalm 51:2, 3, 5, 11, 17)  Can you not feel the writer's anguish?  Who but an imperfect human could express such heartfelt sentiments? 

Next time: Wisdom in "the Word of God" -Why a Book About People?

From the book: Draw Close to Jehovah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.