4.20.2018

12 Secrets for Successful Families - Conclusion of 9. Identity


YOUNG PEOPLE 


WHAT YOU CAN DO 

Develop a sense of who you are now and who you want to become by analyzing your strengths, your weaknesses, and your convictions.  A good way to start is to answer the following questions. 

Strengths: What talents and skills do  I have? What are my strong points? (For example: Am I punctual? self-controlled?  hardworking, generous?)  What positive things do I do?

TIP: Are you having trouble identifying positive things abut yourself?  Ask a parent or a trusted friend what strengths he or she sees in you and why. 

BIBLE PRINCIPLE: "Let each one examine his own actions, and then he will have cause for rejoicing in regard to himself alone, and not in comparison with the other person." -Galatians 6:4. 

Weaknesses:  What aspects of my personality need the most work?  When am I especially susceptible to temptation?  In what areas could I exercise greater self-control?

BIBLE PRINCIPLE: "If we make the statement, 'We have no son,' we are misleading ourselves." -1 John 1:8.

Convictions: What moral code do I follow and why? Do I believe in God?  What evidence has convinced me of his existence?  What actions do I consider to be unjust, and why? What convictions do I hold about the future?

BIBLE PRINCIPLE: "Thinking ability will keep watch over you, and discernment will safeguard you." -Proverbs 2:11. 

Next time: 12 Secrets for Successful Families - 10. Trustworthiness

From the jw.org publications 




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.