4.02.2021

Learning From Jesus' Final Words

 "INTO YOUR HANDS I ENTRUST MY SPIRIT"


What did Jesus say? (Read Luke 23:46.)  With complete confidence, Jesus said:  "Father, into your hands  I entrust my spirit."   Jesus knew that his future depended on Jehovah, and he was certain that his Father would remember him.  


What can we learn from Jesus' words?   Be willing to put your life into Jehovah's hands.  To do that, you must "trust in Jehovah with all your heart." (Proverbs 3:5)  Consider the example of Joshua, a 15-year-old Witness with a terminal illness.  He refused to accept medical procedures that violate God's law.  Shortly before he died, he told his mother:  "Mom, I'm in Jehovah's hands. . . . I can tell you this, Mom, with all certainty: I know Jehovah is definitely going to bring me back in the resurrection .  He has read my heart, and I truly love him. Each of us would do well to ask,  'If I were to face a life-threatening situation that tests my faith, would I put my life in Jehovah's hands and trust in him to remember me?


What powerful lessons we can learn from Jesus' final words!  We are reminded of the need to forgive others and to trust that Jehovah will forgive us.  We are privileged to have a wonderful spiritual family of brothers and sisters who are ready to help us. But when weneed help, we must take the initiative  to ask for it.  We know  that  Jehovah will help us endure any trial that comes upon us.  And we see the importance of living each day as if it were our last day to prove our integrity, confident that our life is in Jehovah's hands. 


Truly, the words Jesus spokke as he was dying on the executions stake are filled with meaning!  By applying the lessons we have learned, we will be heeding Jehovah's own words regarding his Son:  "Listen to him." - MATTHEW 17:5.


Next time: Learning From Jesus' Final Words - What We Learned From Jesus' Final Words


From the jw.org publications














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.