8.18.2021

How to Keep Technology in It's Place

 What you can do


Establish priorities. The Bible says:  "Make good use of the more important things."  (Philippians 1:10)  Ask yourself,  "Does the time and attention that my spouse and I give to our devices rob us of time and attention that should give each other?


Set limits.  The Bible says: "Keep strict watch that how you walk is not as unwise but as wise persons, making the best use of your time." (Ephesians 5:15. 16)  Ask yourself, 'Could I set aside a specific time  to read and respond to non-emergency messages instead of impulsively handling all messages as they arrive?


If possible, leave work at work.  The  Bible says, "There is an appointed time for everything." (Ecclesiastes 3:1) Ask yourself  these questions: 'Is my job  invading the  privacy of my home by means of my smartphone?  If so, how is this affecting my marriage? What would  my spouse say?


Discuss the use  of technology with your spouse.  The Bible says: "Let each one keep seeking, not his own advantage, but that of the other person. (1 Corinthians 10:24) Talk to your spouse about how much  each of you uses technology and what changes, if any, should  be made.  You can use the discussion guide in this article to get started.


The bottom line: Make sure that technology is your servant, not your master.


Next time: How to Keep Technology in It's Place


From the jw.org publications














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.