10.16.2022

HOW I LEARNED ABOUT JEHOVAH

 In the early 1940's, my parents studied the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses. That study did not continue, but my mother did continue to receive copies of the Watchtower and Awake magazines.  In 1950 an international convention was held in New York City, and my family accepted the invitation  to attend. 


Soon after that, Brother Lawrence Jefferies started calling on us. He took an interest in helping me at first, I disagreed with him about the stand of Jehovah's Witnesses, their noninvolvement in politics and the military. I argued that if everyone in America refused to go to war, enemies could come and take over the whole country.  Brother Jefferies patiently reasoned:  "What do you think  Jehovah God would do if all the peopole in America were serving him and enemies came to attack them?" His comment on that an other issues helped me to see that my objection was baseless. That aroused my interest. 


Next time: How I LEARNED ABOUT JEHOVAH- Conclusion


From the jw.org publications









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.