10.17.2022

LEARNING AND TEACHING AS A PIONEER -Conclusion

 Wages were low in the South.  We earned two or three dollars for a day's work.  One time, I had just used my last few coins to buy some food at the grocery store.  When I came out, a man approached me and asked:  "Do you want to work? I'll pay you a dollar an hour."  He gave  me three days of work cleaning up a construction sight. It seemed clear that Jehovah was helping me to stay in Edgefield. I did, through, go the 1958 convention held in New York City. 


On the second day of the convention, something special happened. I met Ruby Wadington, who was servinv as a regular pioneer in Gallatin, Tennessee.  Having a mutual  interest in missionary service, we attended the Gilead meeting at that convention.  Later, we began to write each other.  ThenI was invited to Gallatin to give a public talk.  I took that opportunity to ask her to marry me. I moved to Ruby's congregation, and we were married in 1959. 


Next time: LEARNING AND TEACHING IN THE CONGREGATION 


From the jw.org publications 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.