10.18.2022

LEARNING AND TEACHING IN CIRCUIT AND DISTRICT WORK

 In 1971, I received a letter assigning me to serve as district overseer in New York City.  We were shocked!  When we moved there, I was only 34 years old.  The brothers gave me, their first black districk overseer, a warm welcome.


As district overseer, I enjoyed teaching about Jehovah each weekend a circuit assembly. Many of the circuit overseers has more experience than I did.  One of them had given my baptism talk. Another brother, Theodore Jaracz, later became a member of the Governing Body.  There were also many experienced brothers who were serving at Brooklyn Bethel.  I was so grateful that the circuit overseers and the Bethelites made me feel comfortable.  I saw firsthand that these loving shepherds, who relied on God's Word and loyally supported the organization. Their humility made it easy  for me to serve as the district overseer. 


Next time: BACK TO THE CIRCUIT WORK


From the jw.org publications









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.