10.07.2022

Prove Yourself Worthy - BE TRUSTWORTHY BY KEEPING A CONFIDENCE

 In our friendships.  At one time or another, most of us feel the need to confide in a close friend  Sometimes it may be difficult. We may not be accustomed to revealing oru innermost thoughts to anyone, and we would be devastated if we learned later that our friend told others what we said. On the other hand, how we appreciate someone who can keep a confidence!  He is "a true friend." - Read PROVERBS  17:17.


In the congregation.  Elders who are known to keep a confidence are "a hiding place from the wind, a place of concealment" for their brothers. (Isaiah 32:2) WE know that we can talk freely to these men, certain that what we say to them will be kept confidential.  We do not presure them to tell us things that they should keep private.  In addition, we appreciate our elder's wives because they do not try to pry information out of their husbands. Really, it is a blessing that an elder's wife is not told personal information about her brotherd and sisters. One elder's wife commented: "I am grateful  that my husband keeps information confidential regarding those he meets on shepherding calls or those needing spiritual assitance, not even telling me their names.  I appreciate not being burdened with issues I can do nothing about.  I am able to interact naturally with all the congregation. And I can trust that when I confide in my husband about my personal feelings or problems, these too will be kept confidential."  Of course, we all want to have the reputation of being trustworthy.  What qualities will help us to achieve that goal? Let  us consider five of them. 


Next time: Prove Yourself Trustworthy - DEVELOP QUALITIES THAT HELP YOU TO BE TRUSTWORTHY


From the jw.org publications









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.